City of Angels

Sunday, December 27, 2015


About three weeks ago now, I travelled to America for a two week holiday before Christmas. The first stop on our trip was beautiful Los Angeles. I apologise for the poor photo quality but I forgot to take my camera to America and could only use my phone for photos.
Our first day in Los Angeles was hilarious as we hired a car and tried to find our way from LAX to our hotel in Hollywood without a GPS or Siri to help us. We had to stop at Denny's to ask for directions and used a compass to help us. We eventually found it after many wrong turns but we definitely got to see a lot more of the Los Angeles area than we thought. The hardest part was getting used to driving on the wrong side of the road but my friend drove because she's a better driver than me. We also had lunch and a bit of a shop at Santa Monica. After we found our hotel we dropped off our bags and went to Hollywood Boulevard to the Walk of Fame and the Chinese Theatre. I had to stand on Hugh Jackman's star since both myself and my mum are big fans and I knew she'd like to see it. I'm a HUGE Disney fan so Snow White's star was also so cool to see. I'm also a massive Harry Potter fan so I spend about 10 minutes looking for their mural at the Chinese Theatre. After wandering around this area we shopped in Sephora (I bought too much) before having dinner and going back to our hotel. 
Our second day was spent at Disneyland, which is a whole other post to come. 
Our third day was spent shopping at the Beverly Centre and once again, I went a little overboard in Sephora as well as Forever 21. In the morning I attempted Runyon Canyon but I'm extremely unfit so it was a bit difficult but the views of Los Angeles were worth it. In the evening we went to see The Weeknd's Madness Tour at The Forum. I'm not really a huge fan of The Weeknd but my friends are so I was happy enough to go along and he was truly incredible, his show was amazing and he's a fantastic performer. I was lucky enough to meet the lovely Bella Hadid while at his show as we were sitting right next to the VIP section. She is so gorgeous and so lovely and she said she loved our Australian accents which I thought was so cute. 
On our fourth and final day in LA we went to Melrose Ave, The Grove and Santa Monica pier at the end of the day. When we got to the Santa Monica pier a thick sea fog came over and we could barely see a thing which felt so eerie so we went back to our hotel and went to the Hard Rock Cafe for dinner. 
I loved LA so much I wish we had some more time there because there was loads of stuff that we never got to see but I guess I'll just have to go back another time.
Stay tuned for a post on my day at Disneyland!

You Might Also Like

0 comments